We know your personal information is important to you and it is important to Campus Accommodation UCC DAC too. This Privacy Notice tells you what we use your personal information for and explains your rights around how we use it. Please read this Privacy Notice to understand how and why we use your personal information.
What information we collect and why?
We use your personal information and personal information to process bookings and online payment and to provide you with customer service. This personal information includes but is not limited to, your name, address and contact details.
Personal information about you (as referenced above) is held and used to:
Process your booking
- Provide you with information about your booking
- Receive payments from you
- Process cancellations and refund payments as appropriate.
- Provide customer care and service
Required by Law
We use your personal information to comply with law and regulations; for example:
- Keeping accurate, up to date accounts and records.
- If you visit our residences Reception we will record CCTV footage for safety and security reasons. CCTV cameras are located throughout all UCC Campus Accommodation residences and grounds, in common area and in elevators. We only hold these recordings temporarily and for longer if we need to for safety and security investigations.
- CCTV footage is not recorded in apartments.
Campus Accommodation UCC DAC Legitimate Interest
We use your personal information for our legitimate interests as shown below. We have taken account of any privacy risks and ensured that your data protection rights are not affected. We believe these uses benefit our customers. You can contact us if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
To help improve the level of service we provide, we may on occasions contact you for participation in surveys on the accommodation, services and customer experience.
With your consent:
You need to give consent when you agree to UCC Campus Accommodation Terms & Conditions; by agreeing to the terms and conditions you are deemed to have issued consent for us to collect and use personal information for internal marketing only.
Campus Accommodation UCC DAC do not share personal information with third party companies or organisations.
How and where do we get your personal information?
You provide us with your personal information directly when you contact us, book online, speak with us or visit our website.
Who do we pass your personal information to?
We do not share any personal information with any third parties; your information is strictly confidential and will only be sought and used in order to provide the services set out in the Registration Form on Check-In.
Do we transfer your information outside of the EU?
Your personal information is processed and stored within the EU. Our Summer Reservation system is hosted by Techotel, we are GDPR compliant and do not share your information with any third parties.
How long do we keep your information for?
We keep and use your personal information 12 months from departure.
What are your rights?
You have a number of rights over your personal information which you can exercise free of charge by contacting us at Campus Accommodation UCC DAC, Head Office, University Hall, Victoria Cross, Cork T12V8FW e-mail email@example.com
You will need to give us information to help us identify you and we will respond to you within one month. Any restrictions to your rights will be explained in our response.
Right to Information
You have a right to the information set out in this Privacy Notice. The most recent version of our Privacy Notice will always be accessible on our website. If we make changes to the type of personal information we collect and / or how we use it, we will inform you of the changes. We have controls in place to protect your personal information and minimise the risk of security breaches, however, should any breaches result in a high risk for you and we will inform you without delay.
Right to Restrict or Object
You can restrict or object to any unfair and unlawful collection or use of your personal information. Where you have previously provided consent, you can withdraw it at any time.
Right to Correct and Update
You can ask us to correct and update personal information we hold about you; to provide you with the best service it is important we have your up to date personal information, such as contact details.
Right to Delete and Be Forgotten
You can have your personal information deleted if it is incorrect or has been processed unfairly or unlawfully. If you have withdrawn consent you can ask for your personal information to be deleted. We will keep a record of your request so we know why your personal information was deleted.
Right to Access
You have the right to know what personal information we hold about you and to receive a copy of your personal information.
We must tell you:
- Why we hold it
- Who we pass it to, including whether we transfer it outside the EU
- How long we keep it for
- Where we got it from
- To access your personal information please write to us at Campus Accommodation UCC DAC, Head Office, University Hall, Victoria Cross, Cork T12V8FW e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org To help us respond as quickly as possible please let us know if you are only looking for copies of specific personal information.
- Session cookies these are used temporarily to preserve the state of your activity between pages, such as passing your choices in a form to the next page. These cookies are transient and are deleted automatically when you close your browser. They are not visible to anything except your browser and are not passed on anywhere else.
- Persistent third-party cookies (AKA Tracking Cookies)are used to record information about how UCC site is used. They only collect anonymous data on the pages people visit, and are not used to identify visitors personally. The information stored in the cookie is transmitted to the cookie provider (see table below) for analysis in order to compile statistical reports on website activity for the University, and to help subsequent pages present more relevant information (“tracking” pixels). The cookie provider may also transfer this information to other parties who provide additional services such as advertising (“retargeting” pixels). These cookies stay on your computer after you close your browser, but you can remove the cookies at any time (see “How to disable cookies” below).
- Conversion Cookies: are used to see if a user completes an action that is defined as valuable, these user actions are called conversions. A conversion cookie may track if a user, having clicked a UCC Facebook ad, then went on to download UCC summer brochure, for example.
- When you first visit the UCC website you will see a message asking for your consent to use these cookies. If you click the “Accept and Continue” button, the website will set a cookie which records your consent. If you do not wish cookies to be placed on your computer, leave the message and continue browsing. For more information on how to manage cookies, including how to block cookies entirely, please see the Aboutcookies.org page.
Technical details in connection with visits to the website (IP address, date, time, page, and type of browser) are logged by the web server to let UCC manage performance and behaviour. Web logs are kept for 90 days and then deleted.
It is the policy of University College Cork not to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party (apart from the University’s Internet Service Provider, which records such data on the University’s behalf).
Sharing your information with other companies or organisations?
Campus Accommodation UCC DAC do not share your information with any third party companies or organisations.
How to contact UCC Campus Accommodation
You may contact with any questions about your personal information and this privacy notice:
Campus Accommodation UCC DAC, Head Office, University Hall, Victoria Cross, Cork T12V8FW e-mail email@example.com
If you do not think that we have processed your personal information in line with this Privacy Notice, please contact us. If you are not happy with how we have processed your personal information or handled your privacy rights, you can complain to the Data Protection Commission by contacting them below:
Data Protection Commission,
Canal House, Station Road,
Co. Laois, R32 AP23
+353 761 104800 1890 252231 (LoCall) firstname.lastname@example.org